Monday, June 1, 2009

From Judy King In Nova Scotia

At the Annual General Meeting of the Anthroposophical Society on 16 May I became a member of the Council of the Anthroposophical Society in Canada. I would like to introduce myself briefly to you. I am a Waldorf teacher (and Faculty Chair) at the South Shore Waldorf School, Lunenburg County, one hour's drive southwest of Halifax. I have been teaching there since the school opened in 1996. It is a very small but growing, rural school. I have one more year teaching full-time before partially retiring. In 1972 my husband, first son, and I immigrated to Canada from England and settled in Cape Breton Island, NS, where our two other children were born. In our early days there I first learned about anthroposophy and Waldorf education.

As a new member of the council, living in the Maritimes, I would very much like to hear from other members of the society and friends in the east - New Brunswick, Prince Edward Island, Newfoundland, Nova Scotia. I would like to be in contact and to hear any ideas you may have of whether or how the Council, and myself as its representative, might be able to be of service to the life of anthroposophy in your area. I am interested, too, in feeling more connected to other parts of Canada, in seeing Canada in its entirety (so huge!), and how this path of anthroposophy lives there in its people. I know from experience that we, on the east coast, sometimes feel like we're out on a limb (admittedly, I think we often like that feeling, but at times we feel cut off!)

Mainly, I wanted to introduce myself and let you know that on the Council we want to be helpful to members of the society and friends, and I would be very grateful to hear from you.

Best wishes from Nova Scotia!
Judy King. Address: PO Box 711, Mahone Bay, NS. B0J 2E0.
Phone: (902) 624-0781.
email: ajudithmarg@ns.sympatico.ca.

No comments: