- Start with a budget – a forecast of the finances needed to support the organization’s planned activities
- Enter transactions in QB software, and prepare management reports (e.g. actual expenses vs. budget…)
- Prepare and review trial balance with all accounts following the end of the fiscal year
- Ask accountant to prepare draft statements, and send them out 20 days in advance of the annual meeting.
- Collect and consider questions and concerns from the members.
- Discuss implications, and make revisions as necessary
- Present summary at AGM, and seek membership approval
- Close the books for the fiscal year, and submit required forms (e.g.CRA Inforeturn)
Saturday, June 16, 2012
Treasurer's Outlook - Key Operating Procedures
Posted by Mark McAlister at 5:17 PM